For First Time Home Buyers in Utah it doesn’t get better than Altius Mortgage
Home ownership can be a big step in your life, but the rewards are definitely worth the risk. History has proven, there is no better long term place to invest your hard earned money, than in your own home. Home ownership also comes with great tax benefits. Of course there are other benefits such as making your own decisions on the details of your home. While renting, you are at the mercy of the landlord or owner to decide what color your living room will be. Any investment that you make past the monthly payment, will generally pay off in the end.
There are a few questions to consider when making plans for your first time home buyers experience. Such as:
How much can I qualify for? Remember there are other factors existing in home ownership such as:
- Upkeep cost – the general rule of thumb is a homeowner should expect to invest 2% of the value of the home into upkeep and renovations each year. Keep this in mind as you might qualify for an amount, but minus the 2% so that you can comfortably know that you can keep the property in pristine condition.
- Is there a HOA (Home Owners Association) fee?
- Also remember taxes and insurance
How long will the home I consider need to meet the requirements of my family?
- Will a one bedroom really be sufficient if I should get married in the next few years, or start a family?
- Is there room to grow by adding onto the existing property?
- Can I stay in the property long enough to make the investment valuable?
How is my financial health? Consider checking your credit report and clearing up any errant situations. What are my monthly expenses – do I need to make some adjustments so that I can reap the investment in a home, rather than throwing my money away on less important items.
These are only a few questions to consider as first time home buyers. At Altius Mortgage, we can help you navigate through the many questions and concerns for we know the value of a good home mortgage for anyone, particularly a first time home buyer. Utah real estate has changed over the last few years and you need a professional who is aware of the current real estate climate and mortgage industry. Altius Mortgage’s agents are not only knowledgeable, but also very friendly and will make your experience a pleasant one from beginning to end.
For Utah First Time Home Buyers, Altius is your answer. Contact us at 801-701-8887 or by CLICKING HERE. Also for your convenience, you can use our ‘Chat Option’ in the lower right hand corner.